Friday, August 17, 2012

Wow time flies when the kids are around

Well, I have been completely negligent in keeping this blog up to date .. sorry about that !  But alas building a new deck and other lovely distractions have sucked up all my time.

Around April I quickly realized I was running out of beer and undertook a month of rapid brewing ... made another batch of my famous Citra IPA (going to make this the one I ALWAYS have in stock), some English Brown Ale (it's a Newcastle clone), and a Strawberry Blonde Ale.

Starting to get low again .. got ingredients for another batch similar to the Citra IPA, but the stores are all out of my beloved key hop, so it will be a one-off experiment with Citra pellets (only like to use whole leaf when i can, but what do I know, right ?).

I'll be good and get some photos and catch back up to speed once this summer slows down .. can't wait. 

Any good suggestions on a favorite beer ?  The only one I would desperately like to clone at the moment is the new beer called "Clutch" by New Belgium.  Though this is a blend and a tough one I am told on the Beer Smith forums.  :( 

Need to investigate lagers more..  talk with you soon , and Happy Brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment